We are hiring eight cluster managers in Bengaluru to work under our flagship program Born Learning Campaign. Positions are opened in the following areas: Electronic city, K R Puram, Kadugodi (2 positions), Hebbal, Thanisandra, Sarjapur and Yemlur. Please find more details given below.
United Way Bengaluru, is a part of United Way Worldwide www.unitedway.org, one of the world’s leading international nonprofit organization in existence for more than 125 years. We are India’s second largest chapter and our operation commenced in 2008 with a vision to create lasting change that lifts up the entire community. Please refer to our website www.uwbengaluru.org for more details about our work towards community.
COME BE PART OF THE growing United Way Bengaluru team!
Designation: Cluster Manager
Reports to: Manager – Campaigns
Openings: 8 positions for Cluster Managers
United Way Bengaluru endeavors towards the comprehensive development of children aged 0-3 years from vulnerable communities through Anganwadi center’s (AWCs) under the project: “Born Learning Campaign (BLC)”. The project is to be implemented in the following locations across Bangalore – Electronic city, K R Puram, Kadugodi (2 positions), Hebbal, Thanisandra, Sarjapur and Yemlur.
The position of Cluster Manager will be available at the Lead NGO level and s/he will be responsible for the overall implementation of the project in the identified AWCs.
Scope of Work:
Planning, implementation and monitoring of the BLC project in identified AWCs under the given project to the respective NGO in line with the MOU and SoW signed with UWBe.
- Ensure overall achievement of program objectives for the BLC project.
- Manage and coordinate with the BLC coordinator’s team for effective implementation of the BLC project.
- Serve as a single point of contact for all BLC related project activities.
- Plan, conduct and analyze baseline, midline and end line survey with BLC coordinators and Survey for all BLC centers under the project.
- Track, analyze and document the project related measurable indicators at regular intervals.
- Prepare all project related documents as per SoW and submit to UWBe within the timeline.
- Build rapport and coordinate with all project stakeholders i.e. related Government department, ICDS functionaries (Lady Supervisor, Child Development Program Officer), Bal Vikas Samiti Members and Community groups.
- Plan, coordinate and implement the infrastructure development activities in coordination with BLC coordinators.
- Community mobilization: Activate and regularize Mothers committees, Child Development Committees and community based organization.
- Plan, coordinate and organize cluster level health camp on quarterly basis.
- Mentor and monitor the tasks of BLC coordinators in implementing the project activities at BLC center.
- Provide training to AWT and enable them to work on Early Childhood Education within the framework of ICDS.
- Any other work assigned under the BLC program.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Education, Sociology or other Social Sciences
- 2 – 4 years of experience in the field of community development including working with thematic area of children education, MCH/ Nutrition. Early Childhood Education experience will be preferred.
- Experience of working with NGOs and community development program, partner organizations and coordinating with multiple stakeholders
- Women candidates will be given preference
- Knowledge of participatory community development approaches
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Organized, team player, self-starter and results-oriented individual
- Excellent communication skills in written English. Knowledge of local language is mandatory
- Strong integrity, commitment and dedication to the cause of children
Candidates meeting the above requirements may send in their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.